TERMS & CONDITIONS SPECIAL COVID-19
CORONAVIRUS TRAVEL UPDATE
Updated DECEMBER 21st, 2022: These terms and conditions do not apply anymore.
We continue to closely monitor the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) on travel, and the information below covers what you need to know about impacted destinations (Spain, Portugal and Morocco) as well as special considerations for bookings.
This page will be updated as information changes.
Our approach is guided by our sense of responsibility, at this time, to face uncertainty we have taken specific actions. We appreciate your constant support and are looking forward to hosting you in your dream travel experience soon.
- From 7 June 2021, all US travelers can travel to Spain and they are only required to present, a certificate or document certifying vaccination against COVID-19 or a negative certificate of a Diagnostic Test of Active Infection or a certificate of Recovery after having passed this disease in order to enter Spain.
- From June 15 – 27, U.S. citizens can travel directly from the United States to Portugal for non-essential travel (i.e. tourism) with proof of an accepted COVID-19 test (see below for approved tests). This measure will be reviewed every two weeks and unless renewed expires midnight on June 27.
- International flights to Morocco have resumed since June 15, 2021.
1. EXISTING PRIVATE BOOKINGS
For guests who need to postpone existing Small Group tours or Private Tours bookings, we will make our best efforts to work with suppliers to minimize penalties for date changes, and we offer free reschedule of your journey until December 31st 2022.
2. NEW PRIVATE TOURS AND SMALL GROUPS BOOKINGS
For new Tailor-Made bookings made between April 10th 2020 and June 15th 2021, guests may transfer bookings up to 60 days prior to departure to an alternate date for travel by the end of 2022, with any changing fees waived.
Terms and Conditions: This applies only to Private Tours and Small Group Tours bookings made through Paladar y Tomar previous to coronavirus covid-19 pandemic was announced (13th March 2020). Guests may transfer bookings from 2020 to an alternate date for the same destination. Some exclusions and penalties may apply which will be advised in writing prior to confirmation. All monies will be kept as in-house credit and travel must begin maximum by April 30, 2022. Standard terms and conditions apply to the new booking. Applicable price of the new journey applies. Guest is responsible for all other related costs including any air travel change fees and additional insurance premiums. Special terms are not applicable to booking cancellations and changes made prior to March 13, 2020, are subject to change and may be withdrawn at any time.
3. EXISTING CÚRATE Trips BOOKINGS
Our approach is guided by our sense of responsibility, at this time, to face uncertainty we have taken specific action regarding the following destinations:
- Spain, Portugal and Morocco: International travel restrictions have been imposed suspending all regularly scheduled commercial flights in the USA and 26 European countries. We have decided to postpone all CÚRATE Trips affected or that could be affected:
For these existing group bookings we are proposing an alternative date, on the same original conditions and keeping the same prices:
- Portugal April edition 2020: rescheduled to dates 13 – 22 April 2021, NEW dates 05 – 14 April 2022
- Catalonia & Andalusia 2020: rescheduled to 26 May – 04 June 2021, NEW dates 01 – 10 June 2022
- Basque Country Aug. 2020: new dates 24 – 31 August 2021
- Basque Country Sep. 2020: new dates 31 Aug – 07 Sep 2021
- Portugal, Oct. 2020: new dates 28 Sep – 07 Oct 2021
- Madrid & Castile 2020: new dates 01 – 10 November 2021
- Morocco 2021: new dates 16 – 25 February 2022
- Portugal April edition 2021: new dates 26 April – 05 May 2022
- Catalonia & Andalusia 2021: new dates 18 – 27 May 2022
Portugal April edition 2020 & Catalonia & Andalusia 2020: Exceptionally, cancellation penalties concerning these two trips have been limited to 30% of the trip cost and all refunds will be done by bank transfer. In case you claim to an insurance company, the original cancellation policy in our General Terms & Conditions sent on pdf to you upon signing in will apply, to avoid over-coverage.
4. NEW CÚRATE Trips BOOKINGS
For new CÚRATE Trips bookings made for trips in 2022, given the uncertainty of the current evolving global health situation, we have revised our terms and conditions for bookings with the aim of offering flexibility and peace of mind in regard to your future travel plans. Our flexible booking conditions allow for rebooking and postponing your trip free of charge if for COVID-19 reasons the trip cannot be performed:
Terms and Conditions: This applies only to CÚRATE Trips bookings made from January 1st to June 15th 2021. Paladar y Tomar will automatically transfer the trip to a new date and communicate it. All payments received will be transferred to the new, rescheduled booking. In case the new dates do not suit you, we offer to postpone the booking to any date in the next 18 months from the date of the confirmed travel itinerary in the same destination without any additional booking fees and no price increase. Standard terms and conditions apply to the new booking. Guest is responsible for all other related costs including any air travel change fees and additional insurance premiums.
5. COVID-19 RELATED REASONS
Covid-19 related reasons are termed as any of the following restrictions being in place 30 days or less before departure:
- The Spanish Government advises against all but essential travel;
- The government in the client’s country of residence restricts all but essential travel;
- The destination the client is traveling to has entry restrictions in place that prohibit them from traveling, such as closed borders or extended quarantine requirements;
- International flights are cancelled without alternative routing available for clients to use to reach the destination(s) in the itinerary;
- If there is a requirement from the your country government for you to quarantine in a managed quarantine hotel (at your own expense) upon your return.
6. TRAVEL INSURANCE WITH COVID-19 COVERAGE
Actually most travel insurance companies have included COVID-19 among the list of cancellation reasons. Having a travel insurance is not mandatory but highly recommended. It is the traveler sole responsibility to get protected.