This Malaga cooking class will take you from the bustling main municipal market in Málaga to the magic and inspiring atmosphere of a farmhouse in the countryside. Then you will enjoy a hands-on and inspiring foodie cooking class with our lovely native chef.
Malaga Cooking Class Highlights:
- Learn about authentic Spanish culture by being integrated with locals and staying away from mass tourism and crowded destinations.
- Enjoy a cooking class inspired by tradition, nature and passion.
- Use the best seasonal ingredients: we respect the environment and natural cycle so the menu is always different with the freshest produce.
- Design your own menu; we will finalize it with you according to your preferences.
- We always allow room for improvisation and last-minute changes, in true spontaneous Spanish style.
- The menu can be adapted to accommodate any food restriction.
The Chef will meet you at your hotel in Malaga city. We will start the day with a guided tour through Atarazanas market in Malaga city, buying some of the ingredients for the cooking class and giving the client plenty of information about the market history, local culinary uses or traditions, local products as well as important tips for market shopping. After the visit stop at one of the bars inside the market to have a drink and a snack and have a more complete idea of the market role in daily life.
Transport to the country estate is provided (private car or taxi, 20-30 min. drive from the market).
Once in the finca the cooking session starts after a warm welcome and brief explanation of the house history.
The cooking class is focused on traditional Spanish and regional Andalusian cuisine. The menu is seasonal and market-inspired, and we will prepare together an appetizer, a starter and a main dish. Dessert is
prepared in advance. There will be a break to open a bottle of wine and taste local products or home-made treats before the meal.
When the cooking is done you'll sit around the table to relish the food just prepared. We eat outdoors every time we can, and stretching out the sobremesa with some tea or coffee is a must.
What type of food will we cook? We focus on traditional Andalusian specialties. The final menu will be decided in consultation with you.
Who is the chef? A native chef from Malaga, she is pleased to take you to her traditional finca.
We sometimes invite celebrity chefs to explore the fusion between traditional local food and cutting-edge new trends.
Duration: 5 hours approx | From 10 am to 3 pm
* Please let us know about any food allergy or intolerance.
Prices available upon request.
- Market tour and shopping
- Drink and tapa at the market bar
- Transfer to the farmhouse for the cooking session by private car or taxi
- Hands-on cooking class
- Nibble accompanied with local/regional wine
- Three course meal with local/regional wine and sobremesa with coffee and tea
- Transfer to the city center*
- 1 bottle of wine for every 2 people is included
- Recipes will be sent by email (they can be printed if required)
- Local taxes
- Personal purchases
- Gratuities for the chef
- *Transportation from guest city to activity city; your transfer can be arranged upon request. If the client has a rental we can arrange an alternative meeting point.
- Any concept not mentioned at the "Included" section