The first time we entered a sherry bodega we were wowed by its magnificence – everything is somehow magic and different. And still now, living here and being honoured by their friendship, we feel a tingling of excitement every time we enter. You will accompany us to our friends’ “houses” and discover not only gorgeous wines and stunning architecture, but be immersed in a lifestyle that is unique and stands in a glorious and vibrant past.
- Access to private bodegas closed to the public; in Jerez most wineries are normally opened exclusively to professional visitors.
- One-of-a-kind visits tasting wines poured directly from the casks and led by the owner or bodega manager.
- A complete introduction to sherry wines and their fabulous pairing options.
- Pairing lunch in a gourmet restaurant in downtown Jerez; the establishment will be selected according to your food preferences and it’ll be unusual.
- We always allow room for improvisation and last-minute changes, in true spontaneous Spanish style
- Totally private session for you and your party.
We will meet you at your hotel or arranged meeting point in Jerez. We can also arrange your private transfer to Jerez if you’re coming from outside the city. Bodegas in Jerez are generally closed to the public; they are family run and have small teams, and the owners and staff don’t speak English. Don’t worry, you’ll be welcomed as a friend.
At the first bodega you might feel stunned by the exceptional building - the strong, musty wine smell, and the gentle light streaming through the high windows, create a mystical and mysterious atmosphere that very soon makes you feel comfortable. During the first introduction to sherry wines you will soon understand why these wines disrupted social life in Western Europe’s main noble households. You will feel their delicacy combined with their surprisingly strong personality when you taste each type of sherry, one by one. Some jamon iberico and other light tapas will accompany the tasting. It’s time to relax and let yourself be seduced by the wonders of sherry.
Then we will drive up to the second winery where you will start proving your knowledge and you will probably be inquisitive and seeking answers about this singular way of making wine. It’s your moment: observe, discuss, enjoy.
Completely different from each other, these two bodegas together will give you a clear overview of sherry wines and their distinctive style.
Afterwards we will go for lunch at a restaurant previously selected according to your taste - you might prefer fish or meat, a light, natural cooking style, or traditional cuisine. Of course, the meal will be paired with sherry wines!
Which wines will we taste?
You will try the full range of sherry wines at two different bodegas with completely different styles. The range includes fino, amontillado, oloroso, palo cortado, pale cream, cream, pedro ximénez and muscatel.
Who is the tour guide?
We will host you and the wineries’ owner, manager or oenologist will lead the visit.
Duration: 6 hours | From 10 am to 4 pm
Prices are available upon request; each itinerary is different and adapted to suit your personal taste, party details, needs and schedule.
What is included
We generally host all wine-tasting activities ourselves - a personal touch to provide our guests with the most relaxing and unforgettable experience.
- We host you personally, we go that extra mile to offer the most authentic experiences.
- Access to private bodegas closed to the public
- Warm welcome by the winery owner or manager, who will lead the visit
- Unusual inspiring wine tastings, straight from the cask.
- Tapas with each wine
- Pairing lunch in a gourmet restaurant; the establishment will be selected according to your food preferences.
- Local transportation in Jerez during the tour in luxury vehicle
- Meal: Lunch
- All local taxes
- Transportation to Jerez: your transfer can be arranged upon request.
- Wine purchases