Barcelona is synonym of urban modernity, design, impressive architecture, arts and culinary revolution. When it comes to culinary delights, awaiting you are real big players, from a collection of Michelin starred restaurants to a list of only-locals traditional bars and “casa de menjars“. Tapas, pintxos and vermouth are last culinary trends, small bites seem to seduce local and foreign palates. Not very far, Penedés wine region hosts some of the largest organic wines production and is homeland of famous sparkling wine cava.
Girona invites visitors to trace its more than 2000 years of history through two fortified enclosures. The highlights of Girona are rounded off by the impressive old Jewish Quarter or Call, with its beautiful streets and porticoed square-sand, without forgetting the Cathedral dating back the 11th century. The famous coastal area, Costa Brava, offers both sandy beaches and secluded rocky coves. Empordà wines, fully-bodied and harmonious reds; fresh and flavorful white wines are elaborated with autochthonous varieties. Inland, the impressive volcanic zone of the Garrotxa hides an spectacular and rich cuisine. Girona is homeland of Ferràn Adrià and El Celler de Can Roca.
This journey gathers 53 Michelin stars (Barcelona-35, Girona-18) to unwind and escape.
- A P&T exclusive itinerary crafted by experts native locals fruit of an intensive R&D
- We go the extra mile to offer the most authentic experiences
- Learn about authentic Spanish culture by being integrated with locals and staying away from mass tourism and crowded destinations.
- One-of-a-kind cultural visits and workshops
- Dive into local cuisine, local wines and local traditions
- Learn the basics about new avant-garde Catalan cuisine
- A perfect cocktail with Michelin-starred restaurants and classical establishments
- Signature wineries’ visits: Penedés, Cava, Empordà
DAY 1 BARCELONA
Upon arrival, private transfer to the hotel and check-in. For lunch, a table will be booked at one of the most emblematic an traditional restaurants by the harbor. Paired-degustation menu. Free afternoon. In the evening enjoy an exclusive wine and tapas tour with one of our local sommeliers and get an authentic picture of Barcelona visiting the must and the lesser known areas.
P&T Hotel Selection: The Serras, Mandarin Oriental Barcelona
DAY 2 BARCELONA
Modernism & Gaudí private-guided chauffeured tour with an architect to see the indispensables. You will visit the main historic and artistic spots of Barcelona. Lunch at one of our favorite restaurants serving local cuisine with renovated energy.
Free afternoon and evening to enjoy the city at your own pace.
DAY 3 BARCELONA
Early in the morning the chef will pick you up at your hotel and take you to La Boqueria market, one of the most famous food markets in the world. Explore its darkest corners with your personal guide and chef whose singular and unmistakable style will combine Greek, Roman and Arab traditions in his speech. Then, be immersed in a hands-on cooking class and enjoy what have cooked in a relaxed paired lunch.
Free afternoon. Your farewell dinner in Barcelona will be fixed in a charming restaurant to suit your taste and party requirements.
DAY 4 BARCELONA - GIRONA
Private transfer to fascinating La Garrotxa volcanic region (in Girona). There’s a whole world of nature and medieval towns to explore. After visiting Besalú and Santa Pau you'll head to Olot for an unexpected gourmet volcanic ultra-design lunch at a 2-Michelin starred restaurant.
Hotel check-in after lunch. Then, transfer to Girona. You can enjoy the city at your own pace or we can arrange a private-guided visit. Dinner in Girona or in your hotel.
P&T Hotel Selection: Mas Falgarona (hotel relais)
DAY 5 GIRONA
You will be caught between the sea and the mountains of Empordà. Early in the morning we'll visit one of the amazing wineries, step into the vineyards, be seduced by the family stories and enjoy a relaxed and slow tasting. If you wish, and we highly recommend it, we can arrange breakfast straight in the vineyard or bodega (depending on the season/weather).
Next stop. Cadaqués. This captivating white fishing village inspired Dali's mind and creativity and breathes culture, art and peace. A seducing lunch based on fish and traditional specialities will be set up without forgetting local wines pairing.
On the way back to the hotel you will stop at Castelló d'Empúries, worth strolling along the narrow streets in a travel back to the Medieval times.
Dinner at your own pace, in Castelló d'Empúries or at the hotel.
DAY 6 GIRONA - BARCELONA
Private transfer to Barcelona International Airport.
Suggested extensions & activities
- Sailing: Costa Brava is a beautiful stretch of coastline that stretches from north of Barcelona up to the French border. Only 1 kilometer away from the shore seven islets compose the Medes Islands, the Mediterranean diving paradise. Beaches, coves and cliffs sit among renowned places like S’Agaró, Tossa de Mar, Begur, Cadaques and Portlligat.
- Cooking class: if you want some more action bring back home some culinary Catalan basic principles we can arrange a private cooking class in Empordà with our professional chef.
- The Pyrenees: Alt Urgell and La Cerdanya are two of the most emblematic towns of Pyrenean Catalonia. Mountains, valleys and lakes. The equestrian, dressage, field trips to the forest, rising to mountain peaks next... A hidden complex world that began to be fashionable already in the last third of the nineteenth century. Good farming, rich milk production and excellent cheeses, game and excellent meat. Some of the highest vineyards can be found in the area (over 1000 meters altitude).
We care about your privacy, please let us know what is your perfect balance between free time and activities and we will adjust the program to suit you.
Prices are available upon request since each itinerary is different and adapted to your party details, needs and schedule.
- P&T Hotel Selection (personally curated luxury boutique hotels & 5* GL for their gourmet vision, at best available rate and personalized stay)
- Private expert bilingual local native official guide
- All visits and workshops as listed in the suggested itinerary
- All meals and gastronomic tours specified in the itinerary
- Luxury chauffeured-service or car rental for self-drive option
- Personal purchases
- Transfers from/to the airport, to be scheduled and quoted individually