Visiting the sherry vineyards you will step on the chalky white albariza soil of the sherry region around Jerez de la Frontera, a magic sponge that soaks up moisture allowing the grapes to survive during at least ten dry months of the year. We enjoy walking among the ancient vines, feeling the soft breeze and admiring the landscape. And above all, we love feeling the passion and energy shared by unconventional winemakers. We are in love with this land and you will soon feel the same way. We invite you to enjoy glasses of sherry wine surrounded by nature and passion.
Terroir matters in Jerez. Did you know that the sherry region created one the Spain’s oldest vineyard classifications in the 18th century? Later, by 1868 136 different parcels of land were identified, known as pagos. From half a hectare to 800 hectares, these estates were distinguished by their specific quality.
- A complete introduction to sherry wine region: know the magic of its terroir.
- A full explanation of organic wine production.
- Discover old grape varieties in recovery process.
- Unusual wine tastings, sherry wines are paired straight from the cask
- Lunch in the vineyard, al fresco picnic will be organized if possible, depending on the weather.
- We always allow room for improvisation and last-minute changes, in true spontaneous Spanish style
- Totally private session for you and your party.
We will meet you at your hotel, private residence or arranged meeting point in Jerez. We can also arrange your private transfer to Jerez if you’re coming from outside the city. In only five minutes, without leaving Jerez, you will find yourself in the middle of the vineyards - at the top of a hill overlooking the city and surrounded by some of the most famous estates. Jerez is genuine wine country.
At the first bodega you will learn the meaning of terroir in Jerez, and see how a third-generation family winery is revolutionizing the art of making wine with respect for tradition and sustainable practices. The stunning bodega with its strong personality will impress you. After a singular wine tasting we will drive to another estate, planted with very old palamino fino (the white grape used for making sherry). Walking through the vines, you will learn how local grapes grow with minimum human intervention and you will have an authentic experience tasting very limited homemade sherries. If the weather is good we will arrange a picnic in the vineyard, otherwise we'll take you back to Jerez to enjoy a menu paired with sherry wines.
Which wines will we try? We will visit two vineyards and try all the range of sherry wines, from crisp, dry fino to sweet and velvety pedro ximénez.
Who is the guide? We will host you and the winery or vineyard manager will lead the visit.
Duration: 6 hours | From 10 am to 4 pm (meal time included)
Prices are available upon request; each itinerary is different and adapted to suit your personal taste, party details, needs and schedule.
- We host you personally; we go that extra mile to offer the most authentic experiences.
- Warm welcome from the winery owners, who will lead the visit
- Unusual, inspiring wine tastings
- Lunch in the vineyard (alfresco when possible)
- Local transportation from Jerez to the wineries
- Meal: Lunch
- All local taxes
- Transportation to Jerez: your transfer can be arranged upon request.
- Wine purchases