Imagine finding yourself in a remote seaside town, immersed in wine aromas and marine fragrance, caressed by west winds and protected by the biggest natural park in Europe: Doñana Park. This is Sanlucar de Barrameda. Semi-isolated and with an untamed ambience, it is the only place in the region where manzanilla can be made. With a distinctive character, this is a dry, fresh and delicate white wine produced under the sherry solera ageing system. Bodegas are in the middle of the city and opulence and decadence join together in a millennia-old scene from Tartessian times.
- Access to private bodegas closed to the public; in the Sherry Triangle wineries are normally open exclusively to professional visitors and memorable wine experiences are restricted to the very few.
- One-of-a-kind visits tasting wines poured directly from the casks and led by the bodega owner.
- A complete introduction to sherry wines and their fabulous pairing options.
- Pairing lunch in a gourmet restaurant by the sea admiring the biggest natural park in Europe: Doñana Park.
- We always allow room for improvisation and last-minute changes, in true spontaneous Spanish style.
- Totally private session for you and your party.
We will meet you at your hotel or arranged meeting point in Jerez. We can also arrange your private transfer to Jerez if you’re coming from outside the city. Bodegas in Sanlucar de Barrameda are generally closed to the public, they are family run and have small teams, and the owners and staff and don’t speak English. Don’t worry, you’ll be welcomed as a friend.
At the first bodega you will probably feel stunned by the exceptional building - the strong, musty wine smell, and the gentle light streaming through the high windows, create a mystical and mysterious atmosphere which very soon makes you feel comfortable. During the first introduction to sherry wines you will soon understand why these wines disrupted social life in Western Europe’s main noble households. You will feel their delicacy combined with their surprisingly strong personality when you taste each type of sherry, one by one. Some jamon iberico and other light tapas will accompany the tasting. It’s time to relax and let yourself be seduced by the wonders of sherry.
Then we will drive up to the second winery where you will start proving your knowledge and you will probably be inquisitive and seeking answers about this singular way of making wine. It’s your moment: observe, discuss, enjoy.
Completely different from each other, these two bodegas together will give you a clear overview of sherry wines and their distinctive style.
Afterwards we will go for lunch at a restaurant previously selected according to your taste - you might prefer fish or meat; a light, natural cooking style, or traditional cuisine. Of course, the meal will be paired with sherry wines!
Which wines will we taste? You will try the full range of manzanilla wines at two different bodegas with completely different styles. The range includes manzanilla, amontillado, oloroso and pedro ximénez.
Who is the tour guide? We will host you and the wineries owners will lead the visit.
Duration: 6 to 7 hours | From 10 am to 4/5 pm
Prices are available upon request; each itinerary is different and adapted to suit your personal taste, party details, needs and schedule.
We generally host all activities ourselves - a personal touch to provide our guests with the most relaxing and unforgettable experience.
- We host you personally - we go that extra mile to offer the most authentic experiences.
- Access to two private bodegas closed to the public and led by our team of sherry experts
- Warm welcome from the winery owner or oenologist who will lead the visit
- Unusual inspiring wine tastings, with wine straight from the casks.
- Pairing lunch in a gourmet restaurant by the sea, which specializes in fish and seafood, admiring the biggest natural park in Europe, Doñana Park
- Private transportation from Jerez to Sanlúcar in luxury vehicle
- Meal: Lunch
- All local taxes
- Transportation to Jerez: your transfer can be arranged upon request.
- Wine purchases