At the Western end of Andalucia, El Puerto de Santa Maria (known as just El Puerto) is part of the famous Sherry Triangle and is steeped with history and monuments. Known as The City of the 100 Palaces, El Puerto is sitting on a rich but unnoticed declined grandeur. But the fish port and its strategic situation within salt marshes and infinite beaches surely worth a stop. The small but rich food market, one of the oldest distilleries and some of the noble sherry wine bodegas are waiting for you.
- Private access to a private bodega; you will be treated as a friend.
- One-of-a-kind visits trying wines directly poured from the casks and led by the owner of the bodega.
- A complete introduction to sherry wines and their fabulous pairing options.
- Pairing lunch in a gourmet restaurant.
- We cannot control everything and we leave room for improvisation.
- Totally private session for you and your party.
We will meet at your hotel or arranged meeting point in Jerez or El Puerto de Santa Maria. We can also arrange your private transfer to Jerez if you come from outside the area. The journey will start at the food market, all around you will appreciate the grandeur mentioned above. The round shaped building is small but cozy, and we will introduce you to one of our preferred fishmonger before going out for some delectable churros and sit down for cortado or café con leche.
Then, we will walk down to a distillery from 1824 that remains intact and keeps ten copper alembics from the early 20th century. It is one of the very few artisan distilleries operating in Spain.
The final stop will take us to the sherry bodega closest to the sea, a real spectacle. After being greeted by the owner, the show begins. A sort of mystic and captivating atmosphere captures you as your cross the tiny old wooden door that gives access to the traditional wine shop. Glasses of sherry will be poured from venencia straight from ancient casks sometimes over 100 years old.
Back to light, we will go for lunch to a restaurant previously selected according to your preferences; you might prefer fish to meat, looking for natural cooking preparations or wishing to try traditional cuisine. Of course, the meal will be paired with local sherry wines!
Aproximative duration: from 10 am to 4/5 pm
Which wines will we try? You will try the full range of fino wines. The range includes manzanilla, fino, amontillado, oloroso, palo cortado and pedro ximénez.
Who is the tour guide? We will host you and the wineries owners will lead the visit.
Prices are available upon request; each itinerary is different and adapted to suit your personal taste, party details, needs and schedule.
We include in our activities our presence and personal touch in an effort to provide our guests with the most authentic and unforgettable experience.
- We personally host you, we go above and beyond to show you the most genuine.
- Access to private bodegas closed to the public
- Warm welcome by the winery owners, they will lead the visit
- Unusual inspiring wine tastings, wine being poured straight from the casks.
- Pairing lunch in a gourmet restaurant by the sea, specialized in fish and seafood, admiring the biggest natural park in Europe, Doñana Park
- Local transportation in Jerez during the tour in luxury vehicle
- Meal: Lunch
- All local taxes
- Transportation to Jerez or El Puerto: your transfer can be arranged upon demand.
- Wine purchases