A man is not from where he is born, but where he chooses to die. The ashes of Orson Wells were placed at his own request, in the country estate of a close friend in Ronda. At the edge of a 120 meters deep and 70 meters wide canyon, there is Ronda.
If you decide to visit Ronda and stay in a cortijo or farmhouse we can organize a private cooking atelier at home. This is a simplified approach of the session:
- Learn about authentic Spanish culture by being integrated with locals and staying away from mass tourism and crowded destinations.
- Feel 100% looked after; we are your hosts
- Enjoy a cooking class inspired by tradition, nature and passion.
- Use the best seasonal ingredients: we respect the environment and natural cycle so the menu is always different with the freshest produce.
- Design your own menu; we will finalize it with you according to your preferences.
- We always allow room for improvisation and last-minute changes, in true spontaneous Spanish style; a winemaker or other local gastronomic figure might join us for lunch.
We will meet you either at your hotel or the arranged meeting point (we can arrange your transfer if you’re coming from outside Ronda). We will then go together to the food market in Ronda (except on Sundays). Depending on the season we will buy some wild mushrooms, some fresh game, or fabulous tomatoes and blue-fin tuna - our menu is always unpredictable and depends on what’s best in the market that day.
Once the shopping is done we’ll go home to our kitchen atelier and start all the preparations - it will take us around three hours to cook the meal. While the stew is simmering and the gazpacho is chilling, we’ll enjoy an aperitif - a glass of sherry accompanied by olives, almonds, some cured artisan cheese or jamon iberico.
When the meal is ready, we will sit down to enjoy lunch together, paired with some more of our favorite local sherry wines.
What type of food will we cook? We focus on traditional local specialties. The final menu will be decided in consultation with you.
Who is the chef? The chef has a very sensitive approach and respect for traditional methods is inspired by the Mediterranean and Andalusian regions.
Duration: from 10 am to 4 pm
* Please let us know about any food allergy or intolerance.
Please contact us for a personalized quote.
We generally host all cooking activities ourselves - a personal touch to provide our guests with the most relaxing yet unforgettable experience.
- Our personal company and guidance with extensive local knowledge; we go that extra mile to offer the most authentic experiences
- Carefully selected local wines with every homemade meal
- A recipe booklet
- Private class only for you and your party
- Meal: Lunch
- Local taxes
- Facilities; remember our cookery classes in Ronda are exclusively held for your party