Explore the best of Bilbao and Rioja during 3 days:
Discover Bilbao. Bilbao is the Basque region’s industrial capital, as well as its largest city, and its transformation over the last few decades is an urban planner’s version of a miracle. Discover the old quarter (Casco Viejo) the heart of the city full of tradition and history. Be amazed by Guggenheim’s building, the museum of modern and contemporary art designed by famous architect Frank Gerhy in 1997. Savor the best gastronomy in a region where gastronomy is a religion.
Rioja is only one hour from Bilbao, but it’s a world away. Spend a great day among vineyards around three of the best wineries in an exclusive private visit. Taste terrific wines and discover small charming villages from Middle Ages.
- One-of-a-kind visits and workshops
- Dive into local cuisine, local wines and local traditions of the region
- Learn the basics and the basis of Basque cuisine
- Unveil Rioja Alavesa best kept secrets (terroir, varieties, winemaking process) in a exclusive private wine tour
- A perfect cocktail with Michelin-starred restaurants and classical pintxos eating style
DAY 1 BILBAO
Upon arrival, private transfer to the hotel and check-in. Your private guide will meet you for a private-guided walking tour of Bilbao and visit to Guggenheim Museum followed by a pintxos tour to eat like Basques do while sipping some txacoli (local fresh white wine).
Free afternoon to enjoy the city at your own pace.
Gourmet wine pairing fine dinner at a 3 Michelin starred restaurant.
DAY 2 RIOJA (full day tour)
A full day devoted to Rioja. Your private driver will pick you up at the hotel and take you to some of the best known wine regions in the world. You'll have a chance to access three of the most amazing wineries and try the whole range of wines. A pairing lunch is foreseen at one of the bodegas or somewhere in a nearby small town.
Back in Bilbao, free evening.
DAY 3 BILBAO
For your last day in Bilbao be ready to access a secret community, a txoko, a must for any die-hard foodie. Txokos are something between social clubs and cooking schools that began as regular men's club in the 19th century. What used to start with very simple cooking to accompany glasses of cider and evolved to a high-flying style. The access is restricted to members-only and getting in is a tough job. Enjoy this unique opportunity and let yourself go.
DAY 4 BILBAO
Private transfer to Bilbao International Airport at the appointed time.
Might you wish to extend your journey or add any specific activity, please let us know and we will assist you.
We care about your privacy, please let us know what is your perfect balance between free time and activities and we will adjust the program to suit you.
Prices are available upon request since each itinerary is different and adapted to your party details, needs and schedule.
- P&T Hotel Selection (personally curated luxury boutique hotels & 5* GL for their gourmet vision, at best available rate and personalized stay)
- Private expert bilingual local native official guide during Bilbao visits
- All visits and workshops as listed in the suggested itinerary
- All meals and gastronomic activities specified in the itinerary
- Luxury chauffeured-service to la Rioja
- Admission fees and taxes
- Personal purchases
- Transfers from/to the airport, to be scheduled and quoted individually